Here are the signs that show you are in a good and satisfying relationship that led to Marriage.
1) You love and appreciate each other.
Love, of course, is the essential ingredient in any happy, romantic relationship, so it’s no shocker that it nabbed the number one slot. But its occasionally forgotten sidekick—appreciation—is one of the key factors that keeps love alive. The small acts of kindness—the thank you’s, making an extra cup of coffee for your partner—these little things go a long way in making your relationship to be great.
2) You openly share your thoughts and feelings.
In a healthy relationship, you can open up and share how you feel without your partner mocking you, rolling his eyes at you, or ignoring you. It’s really important to be able to articulate if something is bothering you—whether it’s about your stuff or if your partner is doing something that’s upsetting you. Having open communication and constructive criticism is an opportunity for you both to take a look at yourselves and grow and change.
3) You make decisions together and share the burden of responsibilities.
From paying the bills to taking out the trash to picking up holiday cards, healthy couples tackle their daily “to-do list” as a team to keep their relationship and household humming along. That doesn’t necessarily mean you have to divvy up chores even- even, but rather it’s important to chat about expectations and decide together who should do what will eliminate frustration (“You didn’t take out the trash!”).
4) You strive to resolve conflict constructively.
Rather than going for low blows or having an explosive fight, stable partnerships can navigate those tricky relationship time bombs, such as where to spend the holidays, with respect and a focus on finding solutions you are both satisfied with.
5) Your goals and values are in synchronization.
Whether it’s the fact that you and your partner both want two kids, or you are on the same page with religion, having shared values and goals helps keep a couple connected and heading in the same direction of greatness in life.
6) You make spending quality time together a priority.
Couples are bounded by the amount of quality time they spend together as they find activities they can enjoy together. “When couples come to me because infidelity is involved and their connection fell apart, it can be because they have stopped spending time together and having fun together which created the vacuum that leads to infidelity or separation. So do activities—go to the gym together, ride bikes, spend time with friends, travel, and have new experiences. It’s bonding.
7) You are satisfied with your social life as a couple.
Whether you are both the life of the party, a total homebody, or one of them, happy couples are cool with what each partner brings to the table socially, rather than trying to change the other person into someone they are not.
8) You feel a sense of freedom.
Stable couples express their opinions freely and don’t feel suffocated or held back by their relationship in any way. “The relationship shouldn’t feel like a burden like it’s sucking the life out of you, but rather that it’s breathing life into you.
9) When you guys dine together. Couples that are in a good relationship, Cook together, do house chores together, and eat together. They are always by the side of each other.
10) Always proud of you. Couples that are in a good and thriving Relationship are always proud of each other. Even though you are not perfect, he or she will not use it against you. Everything you do for the happiness of both of you is appreciated and you are defended in the presence of family and friends by your partner as well.
Once you see these signs, then be happy because you are in a good and satisfying relationship.