1) Marry Right: Do you love marital bliss? Marry right. How? Marry in the Lord. Marry your kind. You are a believer, marry a believer! Why? so you can speak the same language, and obey the same Lord and Master. When the husband says; as a woman you must be submissive in all, the woman won’t say No way! We are equal! You can’t be my head!
Picture used for illustrative purposes
Secondly, in obedience to God. The word of God says: do not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever. Marry your friend! Who is your friend? Someone that understands you. Someone that will play with you. Someone that can take your misbehavior as nothing. Someone that will see you as his or her mate. You will not marry your enemies in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Marriage tests your love for one another. All the ‘I love you’ you have said, will be tested in marriage.
3) Forgive: offense will always come, even the unexpected, always forgive and forget the past. Anything whatsoever can cause disagreement between couples. Don’t push offense under the carpet! Discuss it and forgive one another.
Behave like nothing happened after you have settled it! Don’t bring up a past offense. I can’t count how many times I have offended my hubby, or he has offended me. But when we resolve. It has become our past.
Don’t let your disagreement linger more than necessary. Forgive in time, whatsoever! Have this aim in your mind that your disagreement will not tear you apart but will build you up. Learn from your disagreements.
4) Give: Give your all to one another. Give your time, money, food, clothing, body, and all you have to one another even when it is not convenient. What you have is for both of you. Giving solidifies relationships and marriage. It enhances love.
Give time to time, give every day, give occasionally. A giver is always a lover!
5) Don’t Keep Secret: open your heart fully to one another. Secrets when found hurt your partner too deeply and can lead to other things, even divorce. Be open as much as possible. There is really no secret. All shall be opened one day!
6) Disallow third-party negative Influence: offense will come from friends and family. Always stay together as one. Don’t allow third-party influence to affect your family bond negatively.
If you need help, it is better to consult a God-led counselor together or individually, instead of telling friends and family who may take sides and make the situation worse.
7)Help one another: Don’t see anything as your partner’s duty. When your partner needs your help in any capacity you can, HELP! At home, share house chores! Share responsibilities. Share bills. If you are a woman and you are financially capable, don’t wait for your husband to beg you. Do the right things at home. Bear challenges together. Don’t let your partner feel any weight when you are not carrying anything. You are there to help!
8)Always do things together: this keeps your closeness. Plan, Eat, Sleep, Play, Pray, Bath, Walk, and Go out together. Create time for it. Have fun together. There is nothing we don’t do together in my marriage. Be together, and stay together. Be united!
9)Keep Your Secret Secret: Be loyal to one another and keep secrets with one another. Don’t tell your partner’s secret to anyone.
10) Have One Family: see your both families are one, even when you think they are not good. See your families as one. If not, it will build up a division in the home. Each of you may want to support his or her family. This will keep separating your own home.
11)Respect One Another. True love yields great respect. Honor and respect your spouse. Whatever status, age, or post they are, respect them. Since we have been courting my hubby the way I respect my lecturer respects me as if we are mates. He was my lecturer. I met him at school. He gave me the respect of a Christian sister like we met at church. Right from school and up till now he never called me by my first name. Same pet name up till now. Though this is one of his own codes of respect. You may find calling one another by first name romantic. Your code of respect may be different.
12) Feed Your Spouse: Growth is known with feeding. Feed your love with good food and sex. Let the man provide for his wife and let the woman be always responsible to make good meals for her husband. Don’t let your spouse lack good sex. Keep your body for your spouse. Make it pleasant and appealing. Be available!
13)Speak Your Spouse Love language. Find out your spouse’s love language to satisfy them. Don’t give him or her what you love. Give him or her what he/she loves.
14) Obey Him, Love Her: Man must give the order as the head. Women obey first even when not pleasant or convenient. Pray and Discuss it. God owns the heart of the kings. Your husband is the king. God knows how to control him to suit you. Kings love your Queens! Cherish her and honor her!
15)Work for Trust: Trust is built and earned not gained! Let your behavior and character build up trust for you by your spouse. Work for the trust! It is not automatically gained.
16) Apologize Always: Learn to apologize always when at fault. Even if you’re not sure who was right or wrong, for the sake of peace apologize to your spouse. The partner that seeks peace is the closest to the mind of God. Always be the peacemaker.
17) Show Care & Concern: Show care and concern about your spouse’s situation either good or bad. Remembers their special days, and celebrate your spouse on his/her birthday. Take care when sick, tired, or weak. Don’t neglect your spouse for any reason. Stand with them!
18)Keep Your friendship Alive: Every relationship is started with friendship. Don’t lose your friendship. When friendship stops, a relationship is no more interesting. Keep Your Friendship alive! Keep the life glowing. Let your spouse be your best friend. Court your spouse over and over! Courtship is sweet!
19) Don’t Substitute Your Spouse with Anyone: You and your spouse are one in the unity of body and spirit. Don’t give out your spouse’s space to another. Your mother, father, sibling, or any relative must not take the place of your spouse.
20) Be Faithful: For any reason, don’t be unfaithful to your spouse. Keep your bed pure. Let his or her body satisfy you. Let his or her lips satisfy you. When you feel unsatisfied speak out! Work both on the difference. When your spouse complains, handle the situation with great wisdom. Don’t push him or her out! If you have been offended in this please stop! Don’t continue but repent!
21)Work Out Your Marriage: A good marriage is not made from heaven, you’ve got to work out what you want in your marriage. A good marriage is hard work and not for lazy couples. When you see working marriages, know that they are working it out! Prepare to work for a good marriage by faith. We shall all have marital Bliss in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
I pray for every home having their marriage not working out, for a supernatural solution for marital bliss in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
I pray for many in wrong relationships, that God almighty will disconnect them supernaturally from such relationships and settle them in their God’s will relationships in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Written by Evangelist Kemi Longe