A happy healthy or successful marriage is more than just making love to each other any time, any day, or having children, etc. I want to open your eyes to the things you need to know about a happy couple, and a successful, healthy marriage.
Below are signs carefully listed for you to know if you are in a happy healthy successful marriage.
2) You still laugh and joke like when you were dating.
3) You know each other’s past without the fear of judgment and are not ready to use it against yourselves.
5) You sometimes have disagreements but don’t get scared that disagreements mean the death of your love for each other. You make up quickly and apologize as well.
6) There is nothing you can’t talk about, no topic is a no-go zone between you and your spouse, and you don’t keep secrets from each other not minding what it is.
8) You don’t use sex to prove your love for each other is still firm, you don’t hide behind sex as a tool to pretend you love your partner. Many couples have a pathetic bond but console themselves that all is well because the sex is great which is not supposed to be so.
9) You two are best friends, not just lovers and your love for each other is beyond making love and bearing children.
10) You don’t feel self-conscious about your body or your body marks around each other.
11) You don’t always have to talk when you are in the same room. Sometimes love is spoken in silence, sometimes a cuddle or a stare of love is enough.
12) You speak the language of touch and kiss even when having sex is not on the agenda. He rubs her hand as she talks, she kisses his cheek to say thank you, he holds her waist when he finds her in the kitchen, and she squeezes his hand when he feels lost.
14) You can look at each other’s eyes or listen to the tone of voice and know if your spouse is feeling. alright, sick, happy, tired, annoyed, disturbed; you are an open book to each other.
15) You still tease each other, flirt, spank each other, and are still playful.
16) You inform each other of your day’s schedule. Being busy doesn’t unsettle any of you.
17) You don’t struggle to communicate, you don’t look for the right words, your heart is in the right place and so you speak from the heart.
19) You still make wow moments together that add to your sweet memories.
20) You face challenges together, none feels alone.
21) You don’t feel used or that you are doing too much work in the house alone.
22) You don’t feel ashamed to ask for your spouse’s help even if you have done so many times already. You don’t feel you are a burden.
23) You are naked spiritually, emotionally, financially, and unashamed, you truly know each other.
24) Tears are not something you hide from each other irrespective of the cause of the tears.
25) You take advantage of any opportunity or time to be together no matter how brief.
26) Your spouse is the first person you think of when something good or bad happens, the first person you share it with.
27) You still pray together at all times every morning and before going to bed to sleep.
28) You witness each other’s failures, weaknesses, mistakes, and sins yet still remain together, covering each other and bettering each other.
29) You have secret codes, phrases, and names that only the two of you know the meaning and history of it and this allows discussing anything whether for fun or not.
30) You tidy each other up; she straightens his tie, he wipes the particle on her face, he zips her dress for her, and she advises him on what to wear.
31) You share with each other truths, videos, and articles that better your love life
32) You love to catch up on how the day has been by asking your spouse about his or her day in the office.
33) You don’t always talk about love, parenthood, and romance; you also talk about issues, current affairs, business, and topics affecting society, and even have a healthy debate or discussion.
34) You never threaten to leave to get your way in the marriage. You don’t use blackmail or the information your spouse confided in you to advance your selfish agenda.
35) You feel really bad when you hurt each other and are quick to apologize and forgive
36) You still find ways to please each other and make each other smile, be happy, and feel loved at all times.
37) You make decisions about anything together, whether what concerns the whole family or something that has to do with your personal life.
Are you currently experiencing these things or any of them in your marriage right now?
Feel free to comment, you may be saving someone’s marriage.