Regain the mindset for a Successful Marriage. The tips and the Secrets key you to opening the door for your Successful Marriage.
1) Marriage is a union of two imperfect people who believe in each other.
2) Marriage is a life of its own and a world of its own, so, therefore, nurture it to your joy.
3) Unforgiveness is a marriage destroyer, don’t allow it to destroy your marriage.
4) Intimacy is one of the life wires that holds the life of every marriage, let it hold yours too.
5) Communication is the backbone of every marriage or relationship, don’t allow it to be absent in your marriage or relationship.
6) Your marriage is not a court of law where professionals in law make arguments.
7) A winner of the argument in a marriage is the loser while the one who accepts defeat is the winner.
8) If you want a successful marriage then fight like a team with your spouse. It is better to fight like a team than to fight each other or individually.
9) A divorce is an option, it is never the solution when there is a challenge in your marriage so don’t be the first to accept the divorce.
10) In a successful marriage, there is no room for secrets. Your spouse is your best friend, who you can discuss each of your secrets with.
11) Your family is not part of your decision-making in your Marriage, don’t let them decide for you first.
12) Love your spouse the way you wish to be loved, the best way to have reciprocated love.
13) Praying for your spouse, your marriage, or your children should not have a timetable, remember this is the most powerful way to communicate with God.
14) Saying sorry to your spouse doesn’t mean you are weak physically or emotionally but shows Maturity for a successful Marriage.
15) Successful Marriage is not all about finding the right person but creating the right relationship for you and your Spouse.
16) Successful Marriage Is not about how much love your spouse has in the beginning but how much love you build to the end.
17) Successful Marriage is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty. The more you love the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don’t become less of who you are; you end up being complete with your spouse.
18) You can’t make someone love you, all you can do is be someone who can be loved, the rest is up to the person to realize your worth.
19) The best way to love is to love as you have never been hurt, even if you have been hurt a million times.
20) In a successful Marriage, a Loving spouse is like caring for a garden, love it too much or too little and it dies, but love it just right and it will live forever.
21) A Successful Marriage without love is like a harp without strings. You can’t make music.
22) Most marriage problems are caused by a spouse who continues to think, act, and behave as if he is still single. If you are married, do what is honorable. Think and act like a married man and behave responsibly as a married man as well.
23) You are not a perfect spouse and your spouse is not perfect. Regardless of how much you love each other, you will hurt and disappoint each other for as long as you both shall live. Therefore, have the readiness to forgive your spouse daily and develop the habit of apologizing whenever you are wrong. Don’t allow offenses and guilt to accumulate and compound into big problems. Each hurt, each disappointment, and each fault must be apologized for, forgiven, and dealt with decisively the day it happens. Tomorrow has new issues to be dealt with. But do not be in the habit of repeating the same mistake or the same sin every day.
24) Infidelity begins with inappropriate friendships and emotional attachments with people of the opposite gender. Protect your marriage by avoiding private communications and intimate conversations with people of the opposite gender.
25) As Husbands, Stand up for your wife and protect her from the attacks that come from the people close to you. Let your family and friends know that when it comes to your wife and marriage, there is a line they cannot cross. If you have to take sides then always take your wife’s side. From the day you say, “I do” your wife assumes the privileged first place of honor in your life. Often it requires that you lovingly stand up for your wife in front of your parents, especially your mother. “Therefore what God has joined together, let no (mother, father, brother, sister, friend or boss) separate.“ (Mark 10:9)
26) A woman that wants a successful Marriage, you have to be a Virtuous wife. A virtuous wife is a woman of worth, dignity, character, and beauty. She does not dress to seek vain attention. She does not disrespect herself or dishonor her husband by exposing her body in public. A virtuous wife does not dress indecently to entice, seduce, or tempt the weak brother. She is a priceless jewel whose worth is not measured by outward adornment. From the grace of her aura to the swell of her hips, everything about her honors God.
27) Never let your children run or ruin your marriage. Yes, children are important and God commands us to raise them in the fear of the Lord. But children should not occupy the center of marriage. Marriage is the partnership of husband, wife, and God.
28) No marriage can survive and thrive without the readiness to apologize when wrong and the willingness to forgive when wronged.
29) No marriage can survive and thrive without the readiness to apologize when wrong and the willingness to forgive when wronged.
30) Great marriages are not built overnight. Two extraordinary individuals who thrived in distinct places, under different occurrences, and from different parents cannot unexpectedly become one flesh is something that will take process to happen because evolution is concerned.
31) Divorce is Avoidable and Lasting Marriages are Possible: Everybody knows someone who has gone through or is going through a divorce. Divorce is painful and many have physical, emotional, and spiritual scars to prove it. Divorce’s negative effects on spouses, children, family, and society are extremely devastating. Like a twister or a hurricane, divorce leaves a trail of broken homes and broken hearts; shattered hopes and shattered dreams; and confused, terrified, and troubled children. But it should not be that way. If you are single, engaged, or married please listen carefully, divorce is predictable and avoidable. A happy and successful marriage is predictable and achievable. God, the author of marriage is still making unbreakable marriages and is willing and able to show us how. Let God make, mold, and mend your marriage.
32) Telling your spouse, “I love you” is important but if the words are not backed by loving actions, then the words will mean nothing to your spouse. Let your loving actions speak louder than your loving words.
33) In marriage, you don’t have to respond to every minor insult or argue over every minor misunderstanding or disagreement. Sometimes you just have to listen, look, bite your lips, forgive, and get on with bigger issues in your life. Life is too short to waste on trivial battles over trivial issues.
34) A real man never stops trying to show a woman how much she means to him, even after he has brought her home.
35) One spouse cannot build a marriage alone when the other spouse is committed to destroying it. Marriage works when both husband and wife work together as a team to build their marriage. Teammates do not compete against each other; they complement each other. Teammates do not pull each other down; they encourage and support each other. Teammates do not fight in the opposite direction; they face the same direction and fight the same opponent together.
36) A successful marriage is the union of two selfless lovers who are committed to outdoing each other in acts of sacrificial giving, selfless services, unmerited forgiveness, unmerited admiration, heartfelt compassion, and willful submission.
37) Every relationship is work. To enjoy the fruits, you must prepare the land, sow the seeds, and nurture daily. No sweat, no sweet.
38) Strive to give your spouse the best of your time and attention, not just what is left over after you’ve given the rest and the best to everyone else.
39) “Love never fails.”(1 Corinthians 13:8) Therefore, keep loving even when you feel like leaving.
40) No matter what happens, there will always be failed relationships, broken promises, unfulfilled love, and the rest of it but it still doesn’t change the fact that there will never be a successful Marriage.
41) In marriage, it is easy to drift into pettiness. It is surprising how sometimes adults can behave like children and fight over very insignificant things. It’s not the big problems that destroy marriages; it’s the small ones that are nurtured over time. Many marriages end over ridiculously childish habits and mere childish behaviors. Marriage is for adults. Many marriages would improve and many divorces would be avoided if the couple would simply behave like adults and treat each other with respect.
How did these affect you?