How do you let go of your need to control when you’re dating or in a relationship? Here are my top 5 tips!
Why do we often feel a need to control in dating and relationships? There are a few key reasons: 1. We’re afraid of what will happen if we let go (we’ll lose ourselves, get hurt, be disrespected). 2. We’re attached to an outcome we think is best for us (which closes us off to what’s actually better for us). In this video, you’ll discover why it’s important to let go of needing control and several ways to do it!
Why let go of control?
- Control is about fast forwarding to the future or rewinding to the past. When we let go of trying to control the outcome, we’re present and feel calmer and more at peace.
- We’re less guarded and more open to the men we date.
- We connect more deeply and have more authentic relationships.
5 Ways to Let Go of Your Need to Control In Dating
1. Dating is meant to be about discovery
2. We can’t control others
3. Amazing things can happen when we let go
4. If you try to control not getting hurt, you’ll also control not letting go enough to love
5. Logical thinking can work against you
Ask yourself these three questions to help you let go of control:
- “What am I afraid will happen if I let go of trying to control?”
- “Whose side of the street am I on?”
- “When have I let go before, and things worked out?”
Watch this video to learn more about letting go of control and being open to love
If you’re feeling stuck in dating and relationships and would like to finally find love, sign up for a complimentary 45-minute love breakthrough session with Sandy and explore how private coaching can help! https://lastfirstdate.com/application
Join Your Last First Date on Facebook https://facebook.com/groups/yourlastfirstdate
Get a copy of Sandy’s books, Becoming a Woman of Value; How to Thrive in Life and Love and Choice Points in Dating: Empowering Women to Make Healthier Decisions in Love.