In this episode, Jayson discusses the importance of finding the right coach or therapist. He also explains why you should identify your readiness for change and clarify your specific problem before seeking help. Learn why you should prioritize practitioners who are not only trained in the area you’re targeting but also actively involved in their own personal growth. Find out how to spot the real gems among personal recommendations, endorsements, and online reviews. If money is an issue, Jayson has a great question to ask.
- 1:41 – Questions you need to ask as a client
- 11:17 – Couples work or individual work?
- 13:26 – Hire a specialist
- 15:57 – Find a therapist who is doing the work
- 17:41 – Results matter
- 20:16 – Good therapists and coaches get supervision
- 23:09 – How much personal experience does a coach or therapist need?
- 29:41 – How much should therapists reveal about their personal lives?
- 32:23 – Reputation
- 33:59 – Does paying more equal better therapy?
- 37:16 – Action step
Listen more podcast episodes