Marriage, which is known as an institution, and can also be called matrimony or wedlock, is a culturally recognized and an ordained union between a man and a woman called spouse or couples, that establishes rights and obligations between them, as well as between them and their children, and between them and their in-laws and relatives.
Biblically, God has his own rules which he made for his children for their marriage to be blissful and great. Below are those rules.
1) Don’t call your wife unpleasant names such as, useless wife, bastard’ rather call her ‘blessed, precious, capable, beautiful and virtuous woman’ (Colossians 4:6, Proverb 31:28-29)
2) Don’t you for one day forget that your wife is your greatest asset which acquired from God (Proverb. 12:4, Proverb 18:22)
3) Don’t forget to check the level of peace of the peace of mind of your wife. (Proverb 27:17)
4) Don’t associate with men that lack credibility and generational mindset. (Proverb 13:20)
5) Never allow your parents or family members to dictate the affairs of your home, remember “therefore shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife” (Genesis 2:23-24)
6) Don’t ever wave off the ideas, advice or suggestions of your wife because of your self-centered interest (Proverb 1:5, Proverb 19:20)
7) Never treat your wife as a servant (Ephesians 5:29). She is your help meet and not a servant.
8) Never make your wife a negative case study before your friends and family. (Proverb 5:18, Proverb 21:23). Remember, what you present to them about your wife is what they will take her for.
9) Never doubt your wife no matter what you know about her past. (1Corinthians 13:5). Protect her personality and don’t use her past to hurt her.
10) Don’t deny your wife her right. She owns your body, make love to her whenever she wants you. (1Corinthains 7:4-5)
11) Don’t be careless about the welfare of your home (1Timothy 5:8). Your home is your image, protect it.
12) Don’t compare your wife with another woman. (2Corinthians 10:12). It can destroy her love and trust in you.
13) Never cheat on your wife no matter what the condition maybe. (Proverb 6:32, Proverb 5:20). One of the things that can easily kill marriage is infidelity, avoid it at all costs.
14) Never cut short the love you showed to your wife, rather, water it, and nurture it for effective continuous growing of intimacy. (Ephesians 5:28-29)
15) Never disregard the effort of your wife, rather appreciate her more and more (Proverb 31:28b)
16) Never discuss the weak points of your wife in a public place with your friends. (Proverb 5:17)
17) Don’t raise your hand against your wife for any reason. (Proverb 19:11, Proverb 20:3). It will reduce her love and respect she has for you.
18) Never ever place your friends, family or work above your wife. She is your best companion, she is part of your life, she is your rib. On the day of wedding, you were made one body, one soul with her.
19) Don’t be self centered. It can kill your marriage. (Ephesians 5:28, Philippians 2:3-4)
20) Don’t ever make negative plans against your wife because of your lustful desires.
21) Never set up a family without having a family vision (Proverb 29:18, Habakkuk 2:2-3)
22) Never make your wife feel inferior and uneducated before your friends, family or anyone else or even you the husband.
23) Never compare your wife’s attitude with your Ex girlfriend’s attitude. (2Corinthians 10:12)
24) Don’t be lazy to take care of your wife and your children. (1Timothy 5:8)
25) Never allow money to be the bond of love in your marriage. (1Timothy 6:10)
26) Don’t ever hurt your wife no matter the level of insults she passed on you (Colossians 3:19, 1Peter 2:19-20)
27) Don’t ever let your children come between you and your wife. You married your wife not your children, and she was there before your children was born but that doesn’t make your children less important. Remember they have their life to live and when married and gone, only your wife will still be with you, to cook for you, comfort you, refresh your body, soul and spirit in the bedroom (Matthew 19:6)
28) Never hide any phone calls, text messages, or password to the mailbox from your wife. Transparency is the ultimate to a continuous trust, faithfulness, love and confidence in marriage that wants to be successful. (Romans 12:9-10)
29) Never owe your wife anything, always give her the very best; best in love, best care, most precious things and that which belongs to her (Romans 13:8)
30) Never show a heart of ungratefulness to God and your precious wife, always and always be ever grateful for their presence in your life, because they are part of your happiness. (Proverb 31:28).
Marriage is sweeter than what we imagined it to be but that is only if we can do marriage in God’s own way.