Do you know a child who is recovering from surgery or facing a hospital stay? We’ve gathered some great gifts for children recovering from surgery. Activities to keep them entertained, funny gifts, and even thoughtful things that will encourage them during a difficult time. Put some of these together for a fun gift basket or send these gifts long distance!
Many of these things that keep hands busy as they pass the time in a hospital bed or resting at home, beyond watching TV or being on an iPad, that help make the most of downtime. And the great thing about these gifts is that they can be used in the hospital — do a puzzle, draw, or do Sudoku on the hospital tray together! — or at home. Beyond gifts, consider sentimental gestures as well:
- Handwritten notes of encouragement from family members
- Drawings or cards from classmates to decorate the hospital room
- Video messages from friends
- A new pair of PJs or slippers
- Their favorite stuffed animal waiting for them in their room
- Special deliveries of balloons, flowers, or cookies
- A cozy blanket (hospitals are always so cold!)
Shop some gifts below that I’ve found from experience to help children pass the time during recovery:
And if you’re looking for more thoughtful gifts for children recovering from surgery, our Get Well Gift Guide is filled with ideas for all ages!
Shop The Post