1) Care. A husband who truly loves his wife will care for her emotional, sexual, material, financial, mental, and spiritual needs. Love remains unauthentic until it’s demonstrated through care. No care, no true love. Period!
6) Trust. A husband who truly loves his wife trusts her at all times. He is not over-possessive, over-protective, or overly jealous. He is not a man who loses his head and peace over his wife’s whereabouts. He trusts her also with every other thing in their marriage.
7) Honesty. A husband who truly loves his wife is honest with her. No shady deals, no “games”, no secrets, no lies, no unpleasant surprises.
8) Domestic help/assistance. A husband who truly loves his wife will assist her at home with some things. If not in a position to do so personally, he will either get her a housemaid or help or alternatively, get her some home appliances to ease her domestic chores. Eg: washing machine, microwave, dishwasher, gas cooker, etc.
9) Business/career support. I always tell men to go for their type when they want to marry. Because it’s highly unfair and callous to marry a working-class lady or businesswoman and will stop her from working or running her business simply because you married her. Honestly, no woman should quit her job or business except in the cases of high career/business imbalance with the family, chronic and persistent illness, high-level victimization at work, and delicate and complicated pregnancies. Working or business wives need support from their husbands. Don’t be afraid to support your wife. Let her pursue her passion. Let her live her dreams. My wife is working and pursuing her dreams and she enjoys my 150% support in her career.
10) Relevance. In this regard, many men, especially African men are not faring well in giving their wives their deserved relevance or importance in marriage. In many marriages, wives are disrespected, humiliated, and even maltreated by the husband’s parents, siblings, and sometimes the extended family. Many husbands are using their siblings or parents as their next of kin on vital personal documents, and not their wives. Some have gone to the extent of even willing all their property and fortune to their family with the exclusion of their wives and children. Husbands, that is not right.
That’s anti-marriage. Marriage makes the husband and the wife one flesh; they’re one, inseparable “till death do them part”. The relevance, respect, dignity, and treatment you enjoy from your family must also be enjoyed by her. Husbands, it’s sheer wickedness and foolishness to let your own siblings, parents, or other relations insult, maltreat, falsely accuse, or even beat up your wife in your presence or absence without you doing something about it. In fact, you must never let that happen. In a husband’s life, the wife comes first. That’s the divine order for marriage. Frankly speaking, sometimes some of our dehumanizing, wicked, and selfish cultures and traditions don’t allow couples to enjoy marriage the way the God who instituted marriage himself wants it to be enjoyed
12) Provision for the family. These days more and more women are financially empowered. Many are bringing a lot to the family. However, a husband who truly loves his wife and children must always provide for the home. Even if your wife is earning more than you (that’s fine), you must always be up and doing to provide.
You see, no right-thinking wife who is experiencing and enjoying all these in her marriage will not be happy. Wives need and deserve all the above-mentioned attributes. It’s not a favor you’re showing them; it’s their conjugal rights. Please give it to them and see how sweet your marriage will be henceforth.
Many thanks for reading!