Please Follow Us On Social Media
Fenugreek seed, also called methi dana (in Hindi), has many health benefits. Methi dana enhances the flavor of your meals and can also help with common ailments. Fenugreek seed can be eaten in both meals and water.
Nutritional value of Methi (Fenugreek seeds)
Fenugreek, a unique herb, has many uses in everyday life and possible medical benefits. One tbsp (methi) of Fenugreek contains 35gms calories and various nutrients like –
- Protein- 3gms
- Carbohydrate- 6gms
- Fat – 1gm
- Fibre – 3gms
- Iron: 20% Daily Value (DV).
- Manganese – 7% Daily Value (DV).
- Magnesium – 5% Daily Value (DV).
Fenugreek seeds are rich in vitamins and minerals, which are vital for good health. These tiny seeds are rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds, and other health benefits.
Methi water (Fenugreek water) benefits
Below are the methi water benefits. These will help you to understand how Fenugreek can improve your health if you incorporate it into your daily life.
1. Diabetes and Blood Sugar Management
Fenugreek water is an excellent way to maintain blood sugar levels. Fenugreek water may help manage insulin resistance by increasing insulin sensitivity and responsiveness.
2. Natural remedy for milk production
Fenugreek is a herb that increases breastfeeding supply and weight gain for newborns.
3. Elimination of Toxins
Fenugreekwater is a natural way to flush out toxins and promotes bowel movement. It can also treat digestive problems such as constipation and indigestion.
4. Improved digestion
Fenugreek water has a strong antibacterial effect. Regular consumption of Fenugreek water may improve the function of your digestive system and reduce symptoms such as gastritis and bloating. It is best to consume it in the cooler months.
5. Lowering Cholesterol
Fenugreek water can reduce total cholesterol and LDL (bad Cholesterol) levels in the blood and increase HDL cholesterol levels. These benefits are due to steroidal saponins, which reduce cholesterol absorption in your intestines.
6. Improve your Gut Health
Methi water is good for your gut health because it alleviates constipation and indigestion. Galactomannan, a soluble fiber found in Fenugreek, is one example. It gives you the feeling of fullness. It helps to control your appetite.
7. Enhancing Heart Health
Methi water’s naturally soluble fibers are good for your heart. Methi water has protection against heart attacks. It helps to prevent improper blood clotting, which can lead to strokes and heart attacks. Methi water can also be beneficial for people with high Cholesterol.
8. Weight Loss
The amazing benefits of Methi water for weight reduction are incredible. It can speed up your metabolism by having it in the morning. Ingestion can increase body heat and aid in weight management and loss.
9. Improving Hair Growth and Health
Fenugreek water is good for hair. It helps increase hair density by strengthening the hair follicles, increasing hair volume, and decreasing dandruff and bacteria.
10. Reduce Arthritis Pain
Fenugreek seed’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties aid in relieving arthritic pain. Drinking fenugreek water can help reduce arthritic pain.
11. Improved Kidney Function
Methi water is good for the kidney because it contains polyphenolic flavonoids that can help improve kidney function and protect cells by creating a membrane around them.
12. Enhancing Skin Quality
There are many benefits to the skin from Methi water, as it contains vitamin C and vitamin K, which can help brighten the skin and prevent breakouts and other skin problems such as dark spots, fine lines, and wrinkles.
13. Has Analgesic Effect
Methi water is good for women’s menstrual cycle because it contains antibacterial, opiate painkiller properties that help reduce Premenstrual Syndrome symptoms like discomfort and menstrual cramps. Methi water offers both short-term and long-term relief from cramps.
14. Acts as an Antacid
Acid reflux sufferers will find Fenugreek Water beneficial. Methi water can reduce acidity and improve digestion on an empty stomach.
15. Improve Immunity
Fenugreek water has many health benefits, including increasing Immunity, fighting off colds, coughs, and fevers, and providing vitality.
16. Enhancing Sexual Health
Fenugreek is rich in compounds known as furostanolic Saponins. These substances are thought to increase the production of testosterone. Methi water is good for sexual health as it increases testosterone levels and sperm count. It also helps with low testosterone symptoms like low libido.
17. Blood Detoxification
Methi water is an aid in blood purification.
Fenugreek water is a great way to combat fatigue, sickness, headaches, and other symptoms.
Methi Water For Kidney
Fenugreek water is a great option for your kidneys.
- It protects the kidneys against the damage caused by chemicals. According to a study published in 2010 in the journal “Human and Experimental Toxicology,” Fenugreek is effective in protecting the kidneys from damage due to pesticides.
- It prevents the formation of kidney stones. Fenugreek water prevents kidney stones by reducing the calcification of the kidneys and lowering the total calcium levels in the kidney tissue.
- Fenugreek water is good for the kidneys as it prevents kidney oxidative stress. Oxidative Stress is when antioxidant levels fall below normal. It can increase cardiovascular disease risk in people with chronic renal disease. Fenugreek administration increases antioxidant levels in kidneys and decreases oxidative Stress, preventing diabetic kidney damage.
How do you make methi water?
Because of their high concentration of water-soluble minerals and fibers, methi seeds can easily be soaked in water.
Here’s how to make methi water at your home. It’s very simple.
- A handful of methi and fenugreek seed should be taken. Then, soak them in boiling water.
- Cover it with a cover and let it rest for at least one night.
- Before you go to bed, do this.
- The next morning, strain the fenugreek seed and drink the water.
Mixing methi and Fenugreek with hot water can also make methi water.
- First, toast the fenugreek seed in a skillet.
- Roast the seeds until they begin to emit a scent.
- Turn off the heat, and let the seeds cool.
- Blend the seeds in a blender without adding water.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of powder with warm, filtered water every morning and enjoy.
Methi Water Side Effects
- Pregnant women should avoid methi water, as the seeds can cause birth defects and premature labor.
- Women with hormone-sensitive malignancies are at risk from Methi water because it reacts to estrogen.
- Fenugreek water can cause stomach pain, diarrhea, and headaches, as well as dizziness, gas, stomach pain, diarrhea, dizziness, nausea, bloating, gas, and dizziness if it is consumed in higher than recommended quantities.
- It can trigger severe allergic reactions in sensitive individuals, such as face puffiness, facial swelling, coughing, wheezing and severe allergies.
- Diabetes patients who consume excessive amounts of methi seeds could experience dangerously low blood glucose levels.
- People with low blood pressure should not consume methi water.
- Children may feel reddening skin and discomfort from the water.
Can We Drink Methi Water Daily?
Fenugreek water is safe to drink daily. Regular consumption of it will improve overall health.
Is it possible to boil methi seeds in water?
You can boil methi seed in water. This softens them and releases their nutrients. This reduces the bitterness of the seeds, making them easier for you to chew and swallow.
Are Methi and Periods Good?
Lowers pain during painful periods by taking 2-3 grams of fenugreek seeds powder daily for the first three days. Then, take 1gram daily for the second and third days.
Fenugreek is good for PCOS.
It is well-known that Fenugreek plays a significant role in diabetes prevention and control. These seeds are vital for PCOS management. They not only control glucose but also aid in insulin resistance.
Summarising the Methi Water Benefits
- There are many benefits to methi water. It helps you lose weight and improves your liver and kidney health. Fenugreek improves digestion, relieves cramps during menstruation, and helps to regulate blood sugar.
- The antioxidant properties of methi water purify your body while encouraging hair growth and skin health. Make methi tea by boiling Fenugreek or methi seeds in water. To add flavor, you can add honey or lemon to the tea.
- Start your day with a glass of fenugreek water to stimulate metabolism and increase nutritional intake.
- Do not drink methi water if you are expecting a baby.
- If you have severe allergies, consult your doctor before you consume fenugreek seed in water.
- Florence Galtier, Eric Renard, Pierre Petit, December 2009; A fenugreek seed extract selectively reduces spontaneous fat consumption in healthy volunteers – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19809809/.
- Anita Kochhar, Malkit Nagi, December 2005; Effect of supplementation of traditional medicinal plants on blood glucose in non-insulin-dependent diabetics: a pilot study – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16379570/
- Darryn Willoughby, Richard Kreider, December 2010; Effects of a purported aromatase and 5a-reductase inhibitor on hormone profiles in college-age men – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21116018/
- Ethan Basch, Catherine Ulbricht, Grace Kuo, February 2003; Therapeutic applications of Fenugreek – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12611558/
Please Follow Us On Social Media