In this week’s episode of The Baggage Reclaim Sessions, I share a big decision I’ve made about Baggage Reclaim and the podcast.
5 key topics in this episode
- You don’t have to hate something to stop. You can love something and also recognise that you need or want to do something different that requires you to let go of the other thing.
- Your needs, desires, expectations, feelings and opinions evolve over time. What worked and fitted at one point might not later.
- We are in relationship with everything. Think about your most loving and healthy relationships. Or just straight-up consider the way you feel about a particular thing. e.g. work, money, food, romantic interest. Does it feel like a loving, healthy relationship? Would you want to recreate this feeling or the associated habits elsewhere?
- Sometimes stopping something is about being a better receiver and not trying to be in control of all the things.
- The joy of saying no means recognising that when you honour your boundaries and values, you get to say yes to more of what you need, desire, and deserve. No and yes are not separate. When you say no to something, you say yes to something else and vice versa.
Links mentioned + recommended resources
- The Joy of Saying No: A Simple Plan to Stop People Pleasing, Reclaim Boundaries, and Say Yes to the Life You Want
- Unhealthy Relationships and Knowing When To Fold (ep 270)
- Am I in The Right Job? (ep 164)
- We’re Allowed To Have Work Boundaries (ep 220)
- You Are Allowed To Rest (ep 219)
- Ignoring, Dismissing and Overriding Ourselves Always Leads to Problems (ep 273)
- Listening To Yourself & Knowing When To Call It (ep 99)
- Are You Exceeding Your Bandwidth? (You Are Not The Energizer Bunny) (ep 100)
- The Release & Relief of Giving Up On Try-ing (ep 121)
- The Growth of Grief (ep 133)
- I am anxious about *something* (ep 210)
- Let’s Talk About Overgiving and Overcompensating in Our Relationships (ep 259)
- Dating Anxiety & Why Efforts Don’t Equal Outcomes (ep 130)
- Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Subscribe and/or leave a review on Apple Podcasts (how-to guide here). It really helps in growing the show! If you’re new to podcasts, find out more about what they are and how to subscribe with this handy guide.
Are you ready to stop silencing and hiding yourself in an attempt to “please” or protect yourself from others? My new book, The Joy of Saying No: A Simple Plan to Stop People Pleasing, Reclaim Boundaries, and Say Yes to the Life You Want (HarperCollins/Harper Horizon), is out now.