Now is a good time to remember the importance of sleep after such a busy holiday period. If you’re like the millions of Americans who toss and turn each night, today’s email may be just what you needed.
It features 10 Makers who’ve invented unique products designed to help you get a better night’s rest. But first, here are some helpful sleep tips you may not have tried before!
5 trending tips to help you get a better night’s rest
1. Morning Sunlight Exposure: Get exposure to natural light in the morning to regulate your sleep-wake cycle. This helps your body learn when it’s time to wake up and when it’s time to go to bed naturally.
2. Sleep-Friendly Indoor Plants: Keep plants like lavender or jasmine in your bedroom for a calming effect. Sometimes adding one or two of these calming plants can make a huge difference!
3. Bedtime Breathwork: Practice specific breathwork techniques like alternate nostril breathing to calm the mind and body. Slow, deep breaths help the stresses of the day simply melt away.
4. Sleep Diary: Keep a sleep diary to identify patterns or issues in your sleep habits. When you’ve had a particularly good or bad night of rest, take notes. Did you do anything special that day? Did you eat anything unusual? By writing notes down, you can more easily identify patterns.
5. Progressive Muscle Relaxation: Tense and relax each muscle group, starting from your toes to your head. This resets your body and tells your mind, “Ok, now it’s time to rest.”
Need more help sleeping? These 10 sleep products have you covered in 2024.
Heesu Kim is a renowned South Korean physical therapist who specializes in treating patients who suffer from neck pain. After years of testing, he developed this one-of-a-kind pillow set that decompresses your neck and upper back with gentle traction. Like magic, his patients began to wake up pain-free after trying it!
Matt Lombardi and Kevin Moran are former professional athletes who’ve pushed their bodies to the brink and back. But all that physical exertion took a toll – neither of them could sleep. After countless hours of research, they honed in on 5 key ingredients that promised to get their bodies and minds back into alignment. 93% of people get better sleep with Matt and Kevin’s Beam Dream Sleep Powder. All you have to do is stir a scoop into hot milk or water and enjoy it 30-45 minutes before bedtime.
Brothers Ben and Mark McLean were both in the market for new bed sheets when they were overwhelmed by all the options and marketing lingo. Thread count? Egyptian cotton? They couldn’t tell what was actually high quality and what just sounded good.
Fed up with all the gimmicks, they launched their own sheet brand with a proprietary fabric. Benji Sheets are perfect for hot or cold sleepers since they wick away moisture, and are hypoallergenic and antimicrobial for sensitive skin.
Trina Webster’s husband, Dan, couldn’t stop snoring. Tired of hearing his thunderous snores each night, Trina worked with her husband to develop ZQuiet. It’s a nighttime mouthpiece that provides natural jaw movement so you don’t have to sleep uncomfortably with your teeth clenched. This subtle realignment opens your airway just enough to eliminate noisy snoring!
Have you heard of metronome-light therapy? It’s a new way to quiet your mind and guide your breathing, so you fall asleep faster. Makers Greg, Gui, Pierre, and Alex are some of the early pioneers of this technology and used it to create Dodow, a device that could help you fall asleep up to 2.5x faster!
HoomBand is not your average headband. It features calming sleep audio built right in! Enjoy over 100 hours of expert-created sleep audio content designed to gently lull you to sleep. If you struggle to fall asleep quickly, HoomBand is an excellent option to provide relief without turning to medications.
Melissa Smith struggled to get her kids to fall asleep due to Seattle’s long summer days. She needed a way to block out all light so her kids could fall asleep on time and not wake up too early. OtterSpace curtains are lightweight and easily movable. They install quickly and block out 100% of light to make it feel like nighttime no matter what time it actually is.
After her sister’s battle with breast cancer, Lara Smith left her corporate job to develop a fabric that would help her sister sleep. She created a high performance fabric that felt luxurious and had an elegant and timeless look. 10 years later, The Eva Sleepshirt has helped thousands of women get a better night’s sleep!
Abdul and Christie Khan couldn’t sleep, but didn’t want to take yet another sleeping pill. While searching for a solution, they created the formula for Som Sleep. It’s a new sleep drink that helps you fall asleep quickly and wake up feeling refreshed. Simply drink Som about 30 minutes before bed and you’ll feel your eyes closing before you know it.
Most people have heard of weighted blankets, but have you heard of weighted pillows? It’s a thing! Mikey Goldman created The Original Weighted Pillow to combat stress and anxiety. Whenever you’re feeling anxious, simply give this pillow a squeeze. It’s like getting a bear hug from a good friend and will help you sleep better at night!