In 2003, Prof. Bert Vaux posted a dialect survey to find out the way people pronounce certain words as well as the differences in the language used to describe particular objects or occasions. This Dialect survey has evolved into an internet-wide challenge that is known as the – tag or the Accent Challenge.
How To Do The Accent Tag
To play the game of accent you must answer a set of questions referred to as accent tag questions. After that, you’ll be able to be asked to pronounce a list of terms which will help you identify your accent.
The Accent Tag Questions
These are from the list of questions that have accent tags you need to be able to
- What’s the name of it when you dump toilet paper over a house?
- What’s the issue that, when you hit it that it curled into the shape of a ball?
- What is this bubbly carbonated soda is it called?
- What are gym shoes?
- What would you say when you are an audience?
- What is the type that is a spider (or spider-like creature) with an oval body with extremely long legs?
- What are you calling your grandparents?
- What is the name of the wheeled shopper that you can transport groceries to the grocery store?
- What do you think of it when rain falls and the sun shines?
- What can you change the channel on TV using?
Accent Tag Words
These are the words that you must say:
Aunt Roof, Route Wash oil, Theater Caramel, Iron, Salmon Fire, Water Certain, Data, Ruin, Crayon, New Orleans, Pecan, Both probably, Spitting image, Alabama lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught Naturally, Aluminum, and envelope.
Accent Challenge Videos
After all that, here are the videos from the accent challenge, as it is referred to by YouTubers as well as Tumblr bloggers:
Accent Challenge Video – (Jamaican Accent)
When you take the tag, it’s recommended to indicate what kind of accent you possess for instance the girls speak with an accent that is Jamaican. Jamaican accent.
Accent Tag Video – Grav3yardgirl
A popular YouTuber responds to the questions on accent tag and her fans are awestruck by every single pixel of the video:
Accent Challenge Video – Swedish version
Have you ever wondered what you could hear from a Swedish variation of the Accent contest would sound like?