In this interview with Iris Benrubi, I share the importance of vulnerability in dating and relationships so you can love more deeply.
Iris Benrubi, a renowned dating and relationship coach and therapist, interviewed me for one of her summits about the importance of vulnerability. I love this topic so much, I did a TEDx talk about it. You can watch it here. I loved our conversation so much, I created a podcast episode so more of you could hear it.
In this episode of Last First Date Radio:
- Why I used the metaphor of the Tootsie Pop to represent vulnerability
- Why we choose the wrong men
- How to begin to shed the guards around your heart and become more vulnerable
- How to identify your core needs and speak up about them early on
- A powerful exercise to help you let go of past pain
- Important questions to ask yourself while dating
EP 591: The Importance of Vulnerability – An Interview With Iris Benrubi
Why is it so important to be vulnerable in dating and relaitonships?
Without vulnerability, we don’t get close to our partner. Brené Brown says it best:
“Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky, but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy – the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.”
Click below to download your Free Gift: The Ultimate Guidebook for Overcoming Fears in Dating And Relationships